BMCCP COMMUNITY OUTREACH CAMPAIGN
- Project Consensus
The consensus from the BMCCP membership, associated organizations, and the community is that the Boots on The Ground outreach campaign is necessary. The program has made incredible gains and accomplishments in a short period time with tangible outcomes. The positive effects that members of BMCCP see and feel with brooms, rakes, blowers in their hands cleaning the community as they witnessed transformations, appreciations, rejections, and cooperation from the three community areas the program serves.
- Benchmarks Achieved
The BMCCP set our own benchmarks of program completion in the areas of days and hrs., number of residents effected. The following are benchmarks achieved:
- 72 Days of Activity
- 288 hrs. weekly based on number of men in each community served
- 3500 hrs. spent in total service every 90-days of campaign.
- 3000 Philadelphia residents effected
- Goals & Objectives
The S.M.A.R.T. goals and objectives that the BMCCP set for itself is evidenced based from the benchmarks achieved. The goals and objectives to provide a safe and clean environment for our women, children, and elderly. To create an ongoing present of responsible men in our communities. To aid in the stopping senseless violence. To uplift our communities with pride and integrity. These are ongoing goals and objectives that we are committed to by being “Trusted Servants of the Black Community”
- Demographics Served
- NiceTown Area – Broad & Wingohocking to Wingohocking Windrim
- 4400 & 4500 of all the in between Streets.
- North Central – 16th Susquehanna Ave to 22nd & Susquehanna Ave
- 22nd Dauphin St. to 16th & Dauphin St.
- 2200 & 2300 of all the in between Streets
- North Central/East Side – 12th & Cumberland St. to 12th & Cambria St.
- 1th & Cumberland St. to 11th & Cambria St.
- 2400 & 2500 of all the in between Streets
- Unity in The Community Traveling Family Fair
Based on the success of our Boots on The Ground outreach cleanup campaign, we are proposing to move to the second phase about community outreach by creating the Unity in The Community Traveling Family Fair. The Traveling Family Fair event will take place in the three designated areas of the boots on the ground outreach cleanup campaign. The ingredients for the traveling Family Fare will be food, entertainment, family-oriented games, community organization information tables, health screenings, invited youth speakers with a strong message for the youth in our community, giveaways, gift cards and gift packages will be provided to the community. We envision that the Unity in The Community Traveling Family Fair will take place over the course of one weekend in June 2021, from Friday to Sunday, hours from one to five.
The following represent the production equipment required:
- 16 by 20 skirted stage
- concert PA system
- 25 six by 6 tables
- 150 chairs
- Five canopies